Manager of Service and Support
The Manager of Service and Support is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Service and Support team in the IT department. Provides a high level of technical expertise to students, faculty, and staff on standard Choate applications and hardware.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the efforts of Service and Support team to provide a high level of technical expertise to end users in the daily use of standard Choate applications, hardware, and network services.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Service and Support including prioritizing projects and responses to calls received within the group. Ensures a consistent, timely, high level of support to the Choate community. Looks for ways to improve productivity and workflow.
- Oversees the ticketing system: assigns tickets, tracks resolution, and consults with members of the entire department.
- Works with colleagues to identify hardware and software needs and supervises all hardware and software upgrades to ensure consistency across all labs. Supervises the distribution of all new hardware and software used by the community.
- Serves the department as the lead Apple engineer. Attends local and regional conferences and professional development events to stay current with Apple hardware and software offerings.
- Works with the Director to coordinate the professional technology development program.
- Research annually new hardware and software as part of the capital equipment replacement cycle.
- Member of the Disaster Recovery Team.
- Associate or higher degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of previous Help Desk, Application Support, or Customer Service experience.
- Dell, Apple, HP, or Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Familiarity with both Microsoft and Apple operating systems in a networked environment.
- Versatility with a wide range of applications including, but not limited to, user productivity suites, email, and multimedia is necessary.
Working at Choate: Choate Rosemary Hall is a coeducational, independent secondary school located in central Connecticut with 850 boarding and day students and over 350 employees. Choate serves intellectually gifted and motivated students of diverse backgrounds from across the globe whose commitment to serious study is enhanced in an academically challenging and personally supportive setting.
Choate provides students with transformative and meaningful experiences that instill lifelong habits of learning, leadership, and service, shaped by innovative and passionate educators. Teaching faculty at Choate are innovative, collaborative, and committed to our students' intellectual, social, emotional, and character development. Our faculty understands that each of our students has the potential for growth and works to encourage students to develop their own ideas and voices in learner-centered environments.
For its students and employees alike, Choate strives to be a diverse and inclusive community where all feel valued and embraced. On our campus, principled individuals from diverse backgrounds are united through common purpose, active engagement, and mutual respect. We celebrate differences and the richness of our varied backgrounds and experiences. Recognizing that working in an inclusive community can also present challenges, we embrace those challenges through ongoing dialogue and interaction, enhancing empathy and appreciation for those whose perspectives differ from our own.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.