Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Information
Choate Rosemary Hall seeks an Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Information with a start date of August 2022. This is a 38-week administrative faculty position reporting to the Director of Athletics. The Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Information assumes overall responsibility for publicity and social media for the school's athletic programs. Additionally, the Assistant Director also provides administrative support to the Athletics program, as well as assuming coaching responsibilities each term; the ability to serve as a head varsity coach for at least one season is expected. Ideal candidates are expected to have at least 3 years of athletics administrative experience and a master’s degree is preferred. Collegiate athletic playing experience preferred.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Information:
- ensures contest scores and highlights are posted promptly on the school’s website and social media outlets.
- trains coaches and team managers to report scores and add appropriate content to the website.
- generates feature articles for the website on Choate Rosemary Hall teams and student-athletes as appropriate.
- oversees live-streaming of Choate Athletics contests and events, troubleshooting as needed with colleagues from ITS and Communications, and working closely with the Director of Athletics.
- generates programs for Parents Weekend and other special events.
- collaborates with Communications in managing media interest in Choate Rosemary Hall teams, athletes, and programs.
- in concert with the Communications Department, coordinates team photos each term.
- attends weekly Department of Athletics staff meetings.
- serves as part of the athletic administrator weekend duty team.
- manages student athletic requirements.
- coordinates Department of Athletics prizes, including end-of-season and end-of-year athletic awards programs and ordering and/or updating of banners/awards/plaques.
- assists with the evaluation of interscholastic coaches.
- assists the Director on game-day decisions regarding logistics. trains interscholastic team captains.
- posts team rosters in athletics building and online
In addition, the Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Information:
- serves as an interscholastic coach each term.
- assists the Director of Athletics in the implementation of all departmental policies.
- takes on other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Dean of Faculty, or Director of Athletics.
Our faculty is deeply committed to the entire student experience; it is expected that faculty responsibilities will include a combination of student advising, residential life, and extracurricular activities. Applicants must be dynamic individuals who are passionate about their discipline, collaborative and innovative in their approach to teaching, and who embrace and support the diversity of our student body.
Choate is committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.