Director of Health and Wellness Services
Choate Rosemary Hall seeks a Director of Health and Wellness Services with a start date of July 1, 2021. This position is a full time (46-week) administrative faculty position reporting to the Dean of Students. The Director of Health and Wellness Services oversees and collaborates with the Medical Director, Director of Counseling and other health services personnel while promoting health and wellness efforts for the entire Choate community.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Director of Health and Wellness Services:
- Prioritizes the physical and mental health and wellness needs of students
- Fosters a constructive and collaborative relationship between all personnel that fall under the health services umbrella
- Works with health services personnel to ensure the collection of health forms, insurance information, and other necessary paperwork required from students and families
- Encourages appropriate utilization of electronic medical record-keeping technology and periodic reporting on health services provided
- Maintains a strong web presence to reflect the depth of Choate’s health and wellness services and programs
- Oversees and approves monthly spending and annual budget
- Considers the School’s strategic initiatives and ensures that all areas of health services are in line with institutional priorities
- Manages a database containing confidential information on sexual misconduct cases
- Serves as the School’s primary administrative point person for reports of sexual misconduct, including needed coordination with state agencies.
- Communicates with identified report takers and advocates when sexual misconduct is reported
- Consults with the Medical Director and Director of Counseling on ways to enhance the services offered and provided
- Leads the Wellness Education program and assists in curricular planning and development as well as programming in an effort to enhance the school’s wellness education agenda
- Collaborates with other offices on campus (e.g. - Human Resources, Business Office) to offer wellness programs to adults on campus
- Participates in the hiring and evaluation of health services staff
- Integrates aspects of holistic health and wellness into Choate’s core educational mission
- Coordinates a session on Health and Wellness at Choate during New Student Orientation
- Serves on panels during revisit days for newly admitted students
- Collaborates with other offices on campus to effectively integrate health and wellness initiatives into other areas of school life (e.g. - arts, athletics, residential life)
- Facilitates professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Meets weekly with the Dean of Students to provide relevant updates
The Director of Health and Wellness Services sits on the following committees:
- Faculty Wellness Committee
- Student Wellness Committee (co-adviser)
- Student Resource Group
- Head’s Council
The Director of Health and Wellness Services carries advisees and takes on residential life responsibilities as assigned.
The Director of Health and Wellness Services takes on additional duties as assigned by the Head of Student and Academic Life or the Dean of Students.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.