Art Center Building Monitor
Choate Rosemary Hall seeks one or more Arts Center building monitors for immediate hire and beyond into the 2021-22 academic year.
This is a non-benefits eligible, part-time, paid position that runs during the school year. The required hours include evening and weekend assignments through this school year and during the upcoming school year.
Job duties include:
- Ensuring a safe environment in which students are engaged in artistic practice, rehearsals, arts club activities and more.
- Ensuring students maintain physical distancing, wear masks as directed, and observe other health protocols on campus.
- Moving about through the various building spaces to maintain a supportive presence, and an awareness of building use and occupancy.
- Visual inspection through the spaces at the end of the shift to ensure all students have exited at closing time.
- Watering the art gallery and theater lobby plants on a weekly basis.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Previous experience working with young people, preferably adolescents.
- Previous experience in residential academic settings strongly preferred.
- Frequently moving about the inside of the building to maintain a supportive presence and observe students.
- Good interpersonal skills, flexibility, good judgment, high energy, and ability to work as a team member.
- Frequently moves watering container weighing up to 25 pounds throughout building to supply water to plants.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.