Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment
Choate Rosemary Hall seeks a candidate for an Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment with a start date of Summer, 2020. This position is a full time (46-week) administrative faculty position reporting to the Director of Admission. The Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment is a member of the Admission team and as such assists with all aspects of the admission and recruitment process, working closely with the Director of Multicultural Recruitment.
1. To fulfill these responsibilities the Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment:
- conducts interviews with prospective candidates and their families.
- reads, reviews, and evaluates candidates for admission and helps coordinates a major segment of the applicant pool.
- travels out of state/country on behalf of the school.
- gathers and coordinates demographic research, marketing, advertising, and logistics for each trip.
- maintains regional responsibility for a portion of the applicant pool.
- builds and maintains relationships with teachers, counselors, and placement personnel at established and potential feeder schools.
- represents the school at receptions, fairs, and conferences, especially those events designed for people from diverse and multicultural backgrounds (POCC, NPEA, DRT, NAIS).
- attends national fairs for students of color and coordinates with community-based organizations (CBOs), e.g., TEAK, ABC, PREP, SEEDS, YES.
- works closely with the TSAO Diversity Roundtable.
- conducts information sessions or presentations for prospective families.
- assists with orchestration of on-campus programs: Open House, Spring Visits, Student of Color Fly-in Program, Counselor/CBO visits, etc.
- in concert with other departments, coordinates candidate recruitment for students with special interests.
- visits classes, school events (athletic/artistic/academic), or functions to keep current on life at Choate.
- serves as Admission Office liaison to designated on-campus groups.
- manages aspects of the day-to-day functioning of the Office, as assigned by the Director.
- with the Director and other Associate Directors, contributes to the effective implementation of all Admission Office policies and procedures.
2. In addition to the above, the Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment carries appropriate residential life and advising responsibilities, determined in consultation with the Dean of Faculty.
3. The Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment takes on other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Associate Head of School, or Director of Admission.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Several years of relevant admission experience
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Candidate must have high energy and the interest and ability to travel on one's own
- Familiarity with independent, boarding school or residential college environment preferred
- Appropriate background checks are required
A candidate should submit the following materials:
- a cover letter explaining the candidate's qualifications for the Associate Director of Admission and Multicultural Recruitment position
- a current resume
- list of three references, with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers