Associate Registrar/Data Analyst
Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar/Data Analyst is principally responsible for the creation and oversight of the Master Schedule and is a system administrator in PowerCampus and PowerSchool. In addition, the Associate Registrar/Data Analyst creates and maintains academic courses and sections, creates and maintains the database for incoming student materials, and creates and maintains the Graduation database each year. Other duties include the creation of Crystal Reports, statistical work, and providing data and support to many departments on campus.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling - build the Master Schedule, and students and faculty schedules; export and prepare these schedules to load into PowerCampus; export data for statistical purposes.
- PowerCampus - reporting academic data; management of all areas within PowerCampus, the Student Information System (SIS), relating to schedules, grades, comments, and transcripts; management and tracking of students and alumni academic data; create and maintain academic courses, sections, and other regularly scheduled academic-day events, including Directed Studies, meetings, etc.
- Academic Year - maintain grades, course requests, diploma requirements; oversee the production of reporting documents, 6th form transcripts, and GPA calculation for the College Counseling Office; create and maintain graduation database.
- General - provide data and statistical work and support to various departments such as College Counseling Office, Admission Office, Summer Programs, Dean of Faculty, Deans, Department Heads, Community Service, Communications, and Head of School's Office; training and support of academic users in the management of SIS data pertaining to schedule building.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or a computer-related field and a minimum of 3 years' experience in database systems.
- Experience scheduling and/or course management either in a secondary school or higher education.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in a range of applications and systems including: MS Excel, Crystal Reports, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Visual Cut.
- Experience with SunGard PowerCampus, PowerSchool/PowerScheduler, or other scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of data management systems.
- Knowledge of SQL databases (preferred).
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff.