Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Planning and Communications, the Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing digital marketing and social media initiatives to promote Choate Rosemary Hall and its program offerings. The Manager curates the School's social channels, develops and executes strategic digital advertising campaigns and gathers and analyzes the data results. The Manager will monitor, moderate and respond to audience comments; manage social media partnerships with departments across campus; and create and/or post shareable videos and images. In addition, the Manager will work with the design team to make illustrations for accounts and posts, and will track traffic driven to Choate via social media and evaluate content performance. The Digital Marketing and Social Media Manager also identifies and evaluates new digital technologies and uses web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media and display and search advertising.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, year round, exempt, staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop integrated social media plan for major accounts across the institution. Direct, manage, and enhance the School's official social media presence. Create engaging written, graphic and video content to promote the School across various audiences. Manage institutional social media strategy with campus content providers and coordinate messaging.
- Build business to consumer advertising and marketing plans using SEO, PPC and other strategies to generate interest in various Choate programs and initiatives. Create advertisements, generate ad copy, and create project plans for main ad objectives of the School.
- Crisis and post-crisis communication planning and reporting. Consistent moderation of social media and digital presence for brand awareness.
- Stay current with digital communication and marketing industry developments. Research and assess new digital technologies and use web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media and display and search advertising.
- Partner with the Website and Electronic Communications Manager to update and manage website as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications and Strategic Planning.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred in a web development or digital media based field. Comparable experience with two to four years' experience.
- A strong working knowledge of social media platforms and trends.
- Experience data (Google) analytics, search engine optimization tools, and data reporting.
- Graphic design, photography and video skills a plus.
- Previous experience using both Macintosh and Windows platforms. Experience using tablets and smart devices, such as iPads, and with rendering content on a mobile platform helpful.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in a training capacity, preferably in technology.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies and products.
- Self-starter motivated to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, to work under pressure and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work with multiple campus constituents and consistently deliver outstanding customer service.
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies and software, often in a fast-paced or deadline driven environment is important.
- Excellent writing skills to effectively communicate the brand message, and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Experience with data analysis and digital tracking.